Sorry it has taken me so long to post about my New York trip. It has been a crazy couple of weeks as I am trying to figure out what I am going to be doing with my life when my roommate, Kelsey moves to Greece. There is so much to say about my time in New York, that I am going to have to spread it out in a bunch of posts...so here comes day one/two!
Kelsey and I left our apartment at 4:00am in order to get to the airport on time. Our flight left at 6am...NOT FUN! Neither one of us slept the night before so we were feeling charged and ready to go. The trip started out with a bang as we stood in line at the wrong terminal for 30min and then found out that we were in the wrong place. We quickly dashed over to American (we were at Alaska since we used Alaska frequent flyer miles), a mere half mile run, and got ourselves all checked in! Fortunately for us we were seated next to a very friendly man who decided to be quite chatty at 6am! We flew from LAX to Houstan, then from Houstan to La Guardia in NYC. From there we took a taxi to our cute little apartment/hotel on the upper east side. It was a great area!
The fun really began the next day when Kelsey and I after a full nights sleep headed down to rockerfella center to take the NBC Studios tour. Our tour guide happened to by Biola graduate and knew few of our friends back home. :)
After the tour Kelsey and I took quite a walk to the empire state building.
This was my 3rd time to NYC and my 2nd time at the empire state building. It was a little cold and very windy, but we had a great time viewing the city from that height.After making friends withe the Empire State building information lady (see above) we headed down to china town and Little Italy. I LOVE little Italy, every time I am there I have to eat a chocolate canoli. SO GOOD! We also happened upon a long time childhood friend who we had been searching for, for years. Kelsey finally found him! We also did a little shopping on canal street and got some great purses. I love negotiating the price!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
I Want to be Apart of It...New York...New York!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment